2.8.14

Summer In The City



Button up shirt - Taipei
Reversible pinafore dress - c/o Dressabelle
Creeper wedges - Underground
Mirrored necklace - c/o Dressabelle
Lipstick: Revlon matte lipstick in Wine Not

To say time passed really quickly this year would be an understatement. Besides the fact that we are already two thirds into 2014, I will be going back to school next week after three months of pure bliss (and some hard work) that moved like sand slipping through my fingers. And to be honest, I don't know what to think. I'm one of those people who do not take change very well, and the thought of going back to an environment that is familiar yet so unpredictable is indescribably terrifying. Change can be positive and negative at the same time, I just need to learn how to manage it. Or maybe it's just me who is one of those few people who struggles to make sense of time and change. Thoughts, oh thoughts...

I think you can already tell how I am feeling now from my outfit. And thats why I love dressing up; if you know me well enough, you can easily guess my mood simply by observing me, no need for much words. I'm feeling a little moody, scared and wishing my summer break will never end. But everyone eventually learns that the most beautiful things in life, like a full bloomed flower, withers one day. Quite literally expressed in this photo set but it's what I'm feeling. I threw on some chunky creepers, injecting a bit of British punk element into the outfit which actually turned out quite complementary with the hardy buckles on my dress. The toughness of it all makes me feel a little more confident, braver and normal again...a pick-me-up when I need it most.